Thank you for continued use of ZincLinux™. Thank you for sharing thoughts
and opinions about our operating system. You help us make it better with
each release. The following changes were made since our 2022.04 release:
Audacious (Audio player), BleachBit (System cleaner), FileZilla (FTP client), font-manager, Opera (Web browser), rclone (cloud drive integration), Spruce™ (Markdown language extension), TeamViewer (Remote desktop), VideGo™ (Video library front-end)
Applications Removed / Replaced:
- FeatherNotes & Zim was replaced by Geany Markdown Plugin.
- Openshot-Qt was replaced with Flowblade.
- TuxGuitar has been abandoned by its developers.
- Updated LibreWolf settings & Bookmarks
- Added Markdown & Nuitka Python Packages
ZincLinux™ is a re-spin of MX Linux™, the most full-featured lightweight
Debian Linux distibution. Our unique applications and customizations are
subtle, but they add to your convenience, control, and capability.
To paraphrase the creator of Linux, Linus Torvalds, “An operating system
should be easy to install and use, and gets out of the way so I can do
what I need.”
Features of ZincLinux
- MX Linux Advanced Hardware Support edition +
- Apps for: Casual web surfers, writers, artists, developers, videophiles
- (everything but games. Go ahead and install Steam too, if you want!)
- Customized LibreWolf Web Browser with: Zoom controls, Enchanced Security & Privacy settings, Ad-block, Dark Mode, & Video-Link Plugins
Classic Windows™ 7 -style Apps Menu & taskbar with Pomodoro Timer
- MPV with ‘Anime4K’ up-scalers improve video playback quality
- PlayOnLinux sound support is broken.
- LibreWolf performs better if restarted after several hours.
- Blender 3D requires Graphics card; Use version 2.79 otherwise.
March 19th Recommendations:
- TeamViewer will be replaced with x11vnc
- DuckDuckGo will be replaced with Freespoke as default search engine.
- An update version of ZincLinux will be released in May.
Try ZincLinux™ as a Live USB and test it out without any changes to your system!
REQUIREMENTS: 64bit AMD/Intel Processor – 2GB RAM – 16GB Hard Drive